PALS Plus: Trauma – Overview and Approach is a self-directed, eLearning module that covers concepts and interventions related to pediatric trauma. This module addresses unique anatomic and physiologic characteristics that affect the interventions and responses to injury and subsequent management.
Upon completion of this module, students will be able to:
• Describe unique anatomical and physiologic characteristics of the pediatric age group that affect response to injury and management
• Define concepts of the primary and secondary surveys and systematically discuss evaluation of the trauma patient using these tools
• Discuss management priorities based on immediate life-threatening injuries identified in the primary assessment
• Discuss the identification and initial treatment of life-threatening injuries to major organ systems
• Describe the systematic approach to trauma